Let’s talk about an easy protein to throw into your bulk cooking for your meal prep. It is easy to get stuck into just throwing a chicken breast into your meal prep and calling it a day. But quickly we start getting bored of the same old same. So today I thought I would share a recipe I always make when I’m prepping my meals for the week. These Turkey muffins are so easy to make and you can easily get at least 12 of them in one batch. Throw those into your prep containers and off you go!
Turkey Mince Muffins
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or ground chicken breasts)
- 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves, minced)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup of chopped green pepper
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (approx 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease the muffin tin with coconut oil or a healthier alternative.
3. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Place in a muffin tin.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.